Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quarterly Birthday Party!

I have to say that I absolutely have the cutest grandparents in the world. Each year they do something different for our birthdays and each year they seem to out-do themselves. This year they have decided to do quarterly birthdays since our family is only getting bigger. So today we celebrated April-June birthdays. With it being hot weather they created a mini water park in their backyard. They have done this every year since I was little and it is always a blast. They have a large swimming pool set-up, a huge slippin slide with a pool to land in, and a kiddie pool that is shaded with an umbrella. Then on top of that there are beach balls and tubes all over the backyard. This is really the first year Gavin appreciated it, when he walked into the backyard he said, "wow, this is awesome!" The party started at 1:00 and the kids had to be pulled off at 7:00. They LOVED IT! Throughout this time we played in the water, we had delicious Grandma Tootsie cookin', we played games, and celebrated the birthdays for the months. So below are some of the pictures from the activities of the day!
Action photo of Gavin hitting the water.

Bre and Cole.

Gavin loving all the beach balls and tubes to jump into.

Bre hanging out in the boat. She is not a big fan of splashing!

Gavin going down the slippin slide.

Bre content with playing in the kiddie pool away from the big boys.

Gavin and Keaton going down!

Taking a break and eatin with the buddies!


After food and play we celebrated the birthday boys!
Each person whose birthday is celebrated at these parties is given a mini birthday cake. Then this year my grandma and grandpa decided that everyone is going to get new underwear! How sweet is that:)
Here is Gavin holding his mini birthday cake.

Ryan, Dylan, and Gavin blowing out their candles!

Gavin holding up his cool super hero underwear! Oh and they glow in the dark! BONUS!

After cake and ice cream we played some games.....

As long as I can remember my grandma and grandpa have created games for us to play. They haven't stopped and have acutally become quite creative! I am always amazed at what they come up with and believe me the kids & adults love them!
This game was dedicated to my nephew Dylan, we call him "Dill Pickles" so my grandma found a dill pickle that you play similar to hot potato. The person who won, received a huge jar of DILL PICKLES!

This game was dedicated to Gavin because he loves water balloons. This was played similar to hot potato as well, only a water balloon was placed in the machine which squished it until it popped!

This game was for my cousin Ryan, since he loves money. You had only one chance to roll and you wanted to roll a 7 or 11. If you did, you got a $2 dollar bill.

Benino was a winner!

This game was for the kiddies. My grandma found all kinds of random objects and threw them in a pool. She blindfolded each grandkid and gave them a net. They had to try to get as many objects in their net as possible. Once they pulled the net out of the water they were done. The top four who got the most won a prize. Gavin came in 2nd and won a pack of FLOAM.

If you ever need creative game ideas for parties, we have plenty!
Thank you Great-Grandma Tootsie and Great-Grandpa Tom for always making these days so fun and special. We love you!

8 comments:

heather said...

Oh my goodness, no kidding your family is idea central! How freaking creative and fun was that day? I love the quarterly birthday celebration. Don't you love big families

Tara said...

What awesome grandparents! That sounds so fun! That is seriously such a great idea. I am going to have to tell my parents about that one.

Grant and Alli said...

Ya I do have to admit our family is the BEST ever!!! I'm sad we couldn't be there, we missed you guys.. I know there will be many more though:) Love ya

Derek and Jannette said...

How fun! What cute grandparents. That is so cute that they go to so much work to make it fun for you all.

Robyn said...

Where do grandparent's like that even come from???? I think that win's the best party of the summer...and the summer has just begun!

Shani said...

Cute Grandparents! I bet they get so excited coming up with awesome ideas for the kids. I may have to steal some of those ideas.

heather said...

Hey Karilee, Michelle Rogers and I were thinking about getting all the kiddies together at a park sometime next week. Would you be down? Email me if you are. Oh and lesson learned from the last plans made, we'll get cell phone #'s! :)

TroskeFamily said...

Yay!! I found your blog (don't ask how) I hope you dont mind. Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how much they look like Chad especially Gavin when he wears his hat backwords. Last time I was visiting my brother I had Tommy drive around the neighborhood but I can't remember which house is yours. I thought I better let you know I was here and reading your blog! Email me when you get a chance and let's catch up! Love, Genevieve (tommygenty@aol.com)