Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NO DEAL!


I am not doing too well on this blog thing. I know this is a little late, but what the heck. It all started way back at the beginning of the school year when one of my students was caught tagging the boys bathroom. I was (and still am) confused on why they would want to choose that path. Anyways, I sat there thinking about what I could do to help my kids find a way out. I turned on the T.V. and Deal or No Deal was on. I thought how cool would it be to go on the show, win some money to set up a college trust fund for each one of my kids. I want my kids to know how much I believe in them and see that education is the key and gangs are not!!!!!!
Well, to my surprise they were having an open audition on April 12th. I talked my teammate and partner in crime to come along with me. We had our kids design some shirts for us and as you can see they did a fabulous job. We camped out overnight in the RC Willey parking lot and waited in line the next morning, to have our 20 seconds of fame. Well, the girl we got to talk to was definitely not a teacher lover nor did she have an eye for shear talent! When we told her why we wanted to be on the show, she looked at us and said "No, we want to know what you would buy for you if you won a million dollars!" I was taken back, had she not listened to what we said? So we repeated it, and she still wouldn't take that as an answer. Needless to say she did not invite us back for a second audition! O'well! Howie would of had some fun with us. His loss!
Bottom line it was such a fun experience and at least we tried. Thanks Allison for being a trooper, you are the best!!!

2 comments:

Derek and Jannette said...

Thank you for your comment on weight watchers. I thought that you were looking really good. Now I know your secret!! That might be just what I have to do. I am sick of being fat!! Anyway, I was also telling Shani that I am having an open house next Saturday from 1-4 selling all my fun stuff that I make. If you are interested in coming. I'll make sure that you get an invite. Or if you want, you can come over anytime and see what I have made up or you can put together your own stuff. Let me know..

Grant and Alli said...

Howie made a mistake in not picking you guys! Shame on him!!:)
You need to update your blog more often.. Love ya!