Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another Chadilliant Idea!




Chad the ADD and impulsive person he is signed up for another CRAZY training. Why he thinks this is fun, I have no idea. Midvale Fire was offering a Tactical EMS (SWAT) training. Being the go-getter that he is, he signed up, willing to train all week long without pay (then working 60 hours in order to get his hours for the week). Well, just like all the other trainings this is proving to be one that he is really enjoying. He has been working on his gun skills (he could have just asked me), how to handle stand offs, enter homes, take people into custody, and administer treatment under fire. Just as I mentioned before I am so proud of him. He is always taking on extra trainings and putting in extra hours to show this is his dream and his passion. He is a hard worker who supports and loves his family. I am so lucky to be married to a person who enjoys life, takes risks, and keeps me grounded.

4 comments:

Grant and Alli said...

Yay I am so proud of Chad! Congrats for getting on full time withe the fire department..He'll be the best firefighter out there! We love ya..

Shani said...

Yahoo for Midvale's newest fulltime firefighting machine! Congrats Chadwick. I am so excited for you.

Brooke said...

Hi Karilee!! Thanks for writing me! I'm so happy you joined the blogging world, woohoo! Your kids are so adorable. Congrats to Chad! That's awesome. And Cody and Chad def. would love to talk fire fighting. Maybe you can also help ME understand the fire fighting world. Does Chad work 24 hr. shifts?

Pate said...

At Chad's department he is on for 48 hours and off for 96. So he works two days straight and has 4 days off. What about Cody? I know that no matter if it is 24 or 48 it is definitely hard having them gone all night! How are you managing, especially having a newborn?