Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thanks Naomi!


My KMart loot!

My bags of Malt-O-Meal cereal!

My deal on scrapbooking supplies. I got three boxes full of paper and stickers for free! If anyone is in need of paper, stickers, embellishments, etc, I have a ton! Thanks Dolly for calling me, I love ya!

My friend Naomi has been doing this coupon thing for years. Everytime we would meet with our group of friends we were always amazed at the deals she found. I have wanted to get into it, but I could never figure it out or just be organized enough and patient enough to do it. I am not going to mention the fact that her and Mothagoose have formed this new alliance up north and fail to include the people from the south in some of their excursions:) However, the last couple of weeks she has once again shown what a saver she is. She helped me get 12 bags of Malt-o-Meal cereal for $4.00. Then my little sis and I went dumpster diving for coupons (yes, that's right Mothagoose and Naomi we can hang with you) because Kmart was doubling coupons last week (Sorry, we didn't take any pictures of that experience). Then Alli and I headed off to KMart in good old West Valley. I would have spent over $85.00 on all my items, but after coupons I spent $30.00! Now, I am sure that the experts (Naomi and her apprentice Mothagoose) would look at this and laugh, but for a rookie that is not too bad, so I want no comments for the both of you!:)
Hopefully with Naomi's class on Tuesday, I will be putting those lessons into practice more often. It is nice to save money!

Also, I just have to tell Tracy congratulations! She just called to tell me that she is expecting her 2nd baby. She is due on March 24th!
Also, congratulations to my other friend who will go nameless for now in case she still doesn't want people to know. You know who you are and I am so excited to be their aunt:)

9 comments:

heather said...

That is so neat. What website do you use? Did you get my email about the couponsense meeting this wednesday? It teaches how to do what you did. I am all over that!

Shani said...

The alliance up north is still got a few openings left. Just buy a house in Davis County and you are in. No auditioning or interview needed. Let me know, the spots are filling up fast. And if it makes you feel any better, I had no idea about the Malt-O-Meal cereal deal. Not that it would matter. Casey has put a ban on me buying any more cereal until I finish at least half of the 46 boxes I have downstairs.

Grant and Alli said...

Ha Ha! That was so fun.. even though you got car sick. I think Naomi and Shani better move on over, cause were catchin on to this coupon thing!! Love ya

Brooks and Mandy said...

OK Cousins!!! Help a sista out I want in on the savings. how do i get started where is the "class" I am all about saving these days

Naomi said...

You did SOOOO awesome on your deals. There is a house for sale up here that is huge do you want to move in with us, it has room for grant and Alli too. Then you would be in the davis group for sure!! Your pantry is soon going to be filling up.

The Bliss Family said...

I have always wondered about coupons...I need to find a class to take so I can learn about it too! You'll have to give us beginners a few pointers!

Brooks and Mandy said...

Karilee.
plan on my mom and i next thursday we want to learn! plus it is a good excuse to see you guys!

Rasmussen Forever said...

I love your blog, Karilee! It's so cute. I especially love your little Bre's photo on the side. She'll always remind me of Boo from Monsters Inc. Score on all those goodies. A bunch of my family does the coupon thing and we love taking on the blessing of what they get. It's always great, especially for food storage. Love it.

Kelley Rae said...

That's something I wish I was so much better at! I finally got the whole weekly menu thing down, but still not organized or knowledgeable enough to do much with coupons. $4 huh - that's pretty awesome!