Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I love this time of year!

We just had our annual family pumpkin carving contest. We have done this every year since I can remember. Each year it gets better and better with the ideas that everyone does for their pumpkin. This is something that we take serious and no one knows what the other is doing, it is a complete surprise. There is a lot at stake with this contest, especially pride! But all in all it is just another great excuse to get together. We have local neighbors come over and judge the pumpkins in order to make it fair. This year Gav did a cyclops and Bre did a princess coach. They took Grand prize and 1st place, which was a surprise. Gav loved poking holes into the pumpkins and Bre just loved running around.












On Saturday, I got together with Chad's family, just the girls and we made some halloween candy. This picture does no justice and shows only part of the things we made. We had a great time talking, eating, and making delicious candies. Thanks for a great time!

Chocolate covered strawberries, cinnamon bears, and peanut butter eyeballs. Missing are the caramel apples, popcorn and the cookie ghosts.

We had our 4th annual friend Halloween party and it was anything but calm. We had a little ghost hunt for the kiddies, Chad was in charge of the pictures for that and as you can see nothing! We had donut eating contests and then just played some games. The food and company were both great, I just love hanging out with these guys. I look forward to each months parties because of them.





My friend Jannette and I took our kiddies to the Pumpkin Festival in Herriman. We had a good time. The kids got to play around and look for candy everywhere. Towards the end we let them go play on the playground, where I turned around and found Gav peeing by the slide. He then told me that when we are outside and there are no bathrooms, we can go in the sand! Thanks Chad! Anyways, Gavin loved having a buddy with him instead of always being with the girlies! Later, we took them to the pumpkin patch to pick out their pumpkins for our pumpkin contest!





For one of our family nights we made PVC skeletons. They turned out really cute and the kids loved them. Afterwards, they couldn't help but go through grandma's costumes and try them all on.




Gavin had his last soccer game on Sat. He scored a goal and was so proud of himself. He got his trophy and made sure that we all new that only good soccer players get trophies!



I love this time of year and all the many foods and activities that come with it. I babysit my nephews and niece on Tuesdays, so I thought that we would do a little project of cupcake decorating. They were excited and actually didn't make as big of a mess as I anticipated!



The morning of the first snow of the season, Gav was up and in his gear before I was even out of bed. He came into our room, looked out of the window and said Holy cow! He loves the snow and just being outside in general. So at 7:30 in the morning we were outside playing and loving this time of year.


4 comments:

Grant and Alli said...

Ahhh so cute! I'm so glad you finally got new pics!!! We have the best family and parties!! I am a little sad you didn't put a pic of my beautiful pumpkin..Was it not good enough???? :)

The Bliss Family said...

Love the pumpkins! Maybe I'll suggest that tradition for our family. I love the little bear...very clever!

heather said...

I love the Monsters Inc. pumpkin. Mike Wazowski, i think. Looks like you've been busy.

Cynthia said...

Karilee! Hello long lost snow college neighbor! This is Cynthia you need to email me girl (cynthi21@hotmail.com) so we can catch up! Your kids are adorable!