Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Only One More Slide Show

Sorry, I had to do one more slide show for Christmas. This past Christmas was a blast, Gaver was so excited and kept telling anyone who misbehaved that Santa was watching them (even to Chad and I)! As usual we were busy as ever, however I have to say that I am indeed grateful for my family and for my in-laws. They have created and kept the most wonderful traditions alive for me and our kids.
My sweet in-laws (Nana & Papa) buy each person in the family an ornament that reminds them of a milestone or memory they had of them throughout the year. It is always so much fun to see what they picked out for you. Gavin got to pick out his this year (Superman) and after everyone opened theirs he could tell you what everyone got! He is just amazing.
In my family we do our traditional Norwegian Christmas on Christmas Eve. We cook an authentic Norwegian cuisine and enjoy being with each other. It is a blessing to have my sweet grandma Kari with us during this time. You can just see the twinkle in her eyes when she is with her family. I am indeed grateful for her heritage and for not letting it fizzle out.
My cute Grandma Tootsie & Grandpa Tom always amaze me with what they do year to year. They give so much to us and have showed us just what families are for. They always know how to surprise everyone on Christmas Day.
As usual our kids were spoiled by all those who love them. For Gavin it was a Transformer christmas and for Bre it was a Dora christmas. The lack of pictures comes from me trying to work the video recorder and camera at the same time. Didn't work too well. Bottom line our families are the greatest blessing in the world. Thanks for making these times so special! Love you all!

No comments: