Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chad's Swearing In & Gingerbread Houses

This past Monday Chad was officially sworn in as a Midvale Firefighter. He has been working for Midvale Fire for almost 1 1/2 years, 8 of them as a full-time firefighter, so it was due:) He tried to down play the event, but it was definitely something really cool. After he was sworn in, I got to go up and pin his badge on. I struggled pinning it on, so I finally just put it down and said that will do. It was fun being there with all the people he works with and I would have to say that you could definitely feel the brotherhood and respect they have for each other. It was really neat to be a part of that and be able to see Chad in his element. I hope he knows just how proud I am of him, he is a hard worker and is 100% dedicated to what he does. Anyone who has him on a call is always is good hands. Congratulations sweetie!

On Friday my family got together for the annual Gingerbread decorating night. The girls were down decorating while the guys were upstairs shooting the bull. Gavin actually stayed for quite awhile and decorated with me. He had to make sure that I was making it a "boy" house. Bre on the other hand was only there for the candy! She was in heaven, I tell you that girl would eat candy non-stop if she could! We created a power ranger, princess home, with snowmen all over that Gavin painted faces on. It was a fun night of being with the family, laughing and enjoying this great time of year.


















4 comments:

Brock and Kristi said...

How much fun. I haven't ever tackled the gingerbread house. Congrats to Chad, that is awesome.

heather said...

Congratulations Chad! That is such a neat thing. Next time Payton pulls the fire alarm, we hope your the one that shows up. :)

Cynthia said...

You guys have the funnest looking family traditions! I am sure jealous! And yay for Chad!

Shani said...

Congrats Chadwick. You totally deserve it. And good thing I wasn't there to decorated gingerbread with you. I would have eaten all the candy. Not even kidding.